305 Senior Software Engineer
Location: on NSWCDD and 2 days a week in Fredericksburg, VA
Telecommuting may be permitted on occasion for training purposes only, but otherwise not available.
Clearance: Secret required
Experience: minimum of 7 years
Special Skills Required:
- Software coding in C++, or Java in a Linux environment
Tasking shall include Software Design and Development
Software development in Java and C++
- Maintain and develop software in support of B Dept programs based on problem reports.
- Develop software in support of a B Dept programs model in AFSIM.
- Update software requirements if required to implement change.
- Generate and document preliminary design.
- Generate and document detailed software design.
- Provide technical input for all required reviews.
- Provide updates for software user manuals.
- Generate and debug assigned software code elements.
- Generate and implement unit level test procedures.
- Document test plans and procedures in developer test descriptions.
- Perform software element integration test prior to release of the software.
- Generate and perform capability test procedures in order to verify complete functional coverage of all new/modified code.
- Generate procedures and scripts and perform automated testing.
- Prepare and submit a correction package for all assigned defects, anomalies, and enhancements. The correction package shall define proposed code changes and test plans. Upon approval and completion of the correction, the Contractor shall assist in documenting the results of the testing.
- Generate and maintain development schedules consistent with the Government’s master schedule.
- Use government tools to maintain software CM.
- All software design and code is subject to formal inspection led by the government prior to testing.
- Participate in all design and code reviews.
- Investigate defects in all phases of testing and integration.
- Develop integration procedures and support integration.
- Monitor and evaluate software performance.
- Develop/modify software requirements specifications to existing B Dept programs requirements for new/modified capabilities.
- Document impacts of Hardware changes on
- Review B Dept programs System/Software Problem Reports (SPRs) and Issues for applicability and closure.
- Review and provide comments on Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Review Proposed Software Support Activity (SSA) SPR fixes and provide comment/technical guidance.
- Participate in semi-annual meetings with Operational Forces to insure their priority issues are being addressed.
- Review software CDRLs
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
See other openings at: https://www.sdc-world.com/Pages/Employment.aspx
Some of our Benefits:
- Vacation time: 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7 Holidays; 3 Floater Holidays
- Health: United Health Care – PPO or HAS (company partial payment); Fully Paid Family Dental; Fully paid family vision; Flexible spending account (FSA) for dependent care and medical expenses
- Fully paid Life, accidental death, short- and long-term disability; plus, opportunity to purchase supplemental life
- 401k: John Hancock with up to 4% matching contribution
- Bonus opportunities
About us: Solutions Development Corporation is looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a growing company and winning team. SDC employees enjoy and excel working in a culture where innovation and forward thinking is the goal, the highest work ethic is expected, and excellence is rewarded. We are a small business and utilized a flat organizational model where all employees have access to the executive staff to express their ideas and innovations. Employees of SDC enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health and retirement benefits, and a work atmosphere built on team camaraderie and collaboration. SDC offers a variety of career opportunities for people at all stages of their career. SDC is an EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.