Configuration Management Specialist / Technical Writer 
Configuration Management Tasking:
- Provide technical expertise in Software Configuration Management (Aegis ACCESS, DOORS, SharePoint, and Jira) to establish and maintain all AN/SPY-6 CM repositories. These skills can be learned on the job.
- Provide weekly status briefings on CM repository readiness and program Trouble Reports. To include training engineers how to use tools.
- Produce and maintain SOPs.
- Create and distribute reports on all data contained in CM repositories.
- Attend local control boards and attend all program level CCBs. Prepare and distribute agendas, minutes, and action items, and update appropriate change control database and trackers.
- Maintain CM records, including software licenses and delivery schedules.
- Input all change requests and supporting data into appropriate database.
- Assist in identifying requirements, review the design and implementation of the appropriate change control database, and evaluate requirements to the maintenance of the current database.
- Coordinate the movement of materials to include preparation of documentation (transmittals) to facilitate the shipment and receipt of materials and media to support the program.
- Support classified data management including pick-up and delivery of materials from the mail room.
Technical Writer Tasking:
- Work with the Software Product Support Integration (SW PSI) Lead and the software development teams to produce documents associated with software development (e.g., Software User Manual, System/Subsystem Design Description, Software Version Description, Interface Design Description, etc.).
- Assist with the creation of various artifacts (document, diagrams, etc.) that will become part of a system accreditation package.
- Prepare provided technical input in an acceptable format.
- Edit content and to identify ambiguity that must be resolved by the technical team.
- Work closely with configuration management staff to ensure that all document and artifact change is properly managed and documented in version control.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with technical team members.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Visio.
CM Specialist Requirements
- Required Education/Professional Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college with 1 year of demonstrated data management experience; or
- 5 years demonstrated data management experience.
- Active secret clearance
Required Specialized Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, project, Access and Outlook;
- Demonstrated ability to apply writing, editing, and substantial knowledge of the basic principles and specialized vocabulary of Navy radars to the accurate
- communication of scientific and technological developments to expert and other interested audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to manage configuration control of software, deliverables, and or purchases through the use of automated systems;
- Demonstrated ability to develop of standard operating procedures and processes for configuration management and data management.
Send resume to email@example.com
See other openings at: https://www.sdc-world.com/Pages/Employment.aspx
Some of our Benefits:
- Vacation time: 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7 Holidays; 3 Floater Holidays
- Health: United Health Care – PPO or HAS (company partial payment); Fully Paid Family Dental; Fully paid family vision; Flexible spending account (FSA) for dependent care and medical expenses
- Fully paid Life, accidental death, short- and long-term disability; plus, opportunity to purchase supplemental life
- 401k: John Hancock with up to 4% matching contribution
- Bonus opportunities
About us: Solutions Development Corporation is looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a growing company and winning team. SDC employees enjoy and excel working in a culture where innovation and forward thinking is the goal, the highest work ethic is expected, and excellence is rewarded. We are a small business and utilized a flat organizational model where all employees have access to the executive staff to express their ideas and innovations. Employees of SDC enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health and retirement benefits, and a work atmosphere built on team camaraderie and collaboration. SDC offers a variety of career opportunities for people at all stages of their career. SDC is an EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.