303 Security Engineer
Flexible work schedule: 2 to 3 days on base/telework
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
- Research and recommend logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
- Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
- Identify disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and recommend approaches to bring the system into compliance.
- Author and revise system requirements and specifications to meet DoD security policies.
- Perform vulnerability tests as Red Team and Blue Team using manual techniques
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and other similar and appropriate IA and security tools.
- Plan, execute and document risk assessments against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
- Identify and perform security analysis of connectivity relationships between the subject US Naval warfare system and the equipment to which it interfaces, both physically and virtually.
- Lead and perform as Information Assurance Officer to be focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems.
- Define an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
- Plan, execute and document results of security tests.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing and securing DoD or IT systems
- Minimum IAT Level III/IAM Level II
- In-depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, and DoD Information Assurance policies for both Land Based and afloat/tactical systems.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Sec+ certification
Clearance: Active, Secret
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
See other openings at: https://www.sdc-world.com/Pages/Employment.aspx
Some of our Benefits:
- Vacation time: 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7 Holidays; 3 Floater Holidays
- Health: United Health Care – PPO or HAS (company partial payment); Fully Paid Family Dental; Fully paid family vision; Flexible spending account (FSA) for dependent care and medical expenses
- Fully paid Life, accidental death, short- and long-term disability; plus, opportunity to purchase supplemental life
- 401k: John Hancock with up to 4% matching contribution
- Bonus opportunities
About us: Solutions Development Corporation is looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a growing company and winning team. SDC employees enjoy and excel working in a culture where innovation and forward thinking is the goal, the highest work ethic is expected, and excellence is rewarded. We are a small business and utilized a flat organizational model where all employees have access to the executive staff to express their ideas and innovations. Employees of SDC enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health and retirement benefits, and a work atmosphere built on team camaraderie and collaboration. SDC offers a variety of career opportunities for people at all stages of their career. SDC is an EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.