300 System Administrator/ Network Administrator
System Administrator/ Network Administrator
Duty Station: Dahlgren, Virginia
Status: Full Time on Site
Clearance Level Required: Secret
Travel: 25 -30 per year
Duties: The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and integration of communication networks in support of the MAGTF Integrated Command and Control (MIC2) project. The following are examples of responsibilities required by the candidate:
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Five (5) years combination of Systems Administration and Network administration experience including two (2) years of specialized experience performing design, development and testing of IP based communications networks containing heterogeneous traffic, including voice and data.
- Experience in network modeling and simulation to evaluate performance of network protocols.
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco network device installation, operation and maintenance.
- Experience with various network protocols (OSI Layers 2 and 3) related to switching (802.1q), routing (OSPF, EIGRP), tunneling (GRE, IPSEC), multicast (PIM), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Experience in developing network test bed and emulations, computer virtualization, and with packet capture analysis using Wireshark or similar tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a small yet dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work independently once tasked by supervisor.
- Must be willing to support limited travel.
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- TS/SCI clearance level
- Experience with satellite IP networks.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications architecture planning to include the fundamentals of radio frequency propagation and switching/routing.
- Experience with Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols and server configuration (such as SIP, PJSIP)
- Experience with Linux operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Ubuntu Linux.
- Current DoDD 8140 Tech II/III certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
Education Required (Experience in lieu of degree acceptable):
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in and provide technological input to all conceptual planning for the development of the concepts, requirements, tasks, and experiments.
- Identify enabling technologies and alternate possible applications of technologies through market research to the project officers. Provide feasibility assessments to determine the conceptual applicability to USMC needs or requirements and to provide criteria to rank order the alternatives.
- Liaise among industry, academia, and other Government agencies and laboratories, as it relates to technologies with potential impact to current and future MCWL experimentation projects.
- Demonstrate expertise in analyzing technical data, documenting information and processes, gathering and interpreting analytical results
- Provide detailed analysis of the data to determine significant results.
- Experience documenting trouble reports from STIGs to support computer equipment modifications. See other open opportunities at: https://www.sdc-world.com/
Some of our Benefits:
· Vacation time: 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7 Holidays and 3 Floaters
· Health: Anthem Key Care – PPO or H.S.A (company partial payment)
· Fully Paid Family Dental
· Fully paid family vision
· Flexible spending account (FSA) for dependent care and medical expenses
· Fully paid Life, accidental death, short and long term disability; plus opportunity to purchase supplemental life
· 401k: John Hancock with up to 4% matching contribution
· Bonus opportunities
About us: Our employees enjoy and excel working in a culture where innovation and forward thinking is the goal, the highest work ethic is expected, and excellence is rewarded. We are a small business and utilize a flat organizational model where all employees have access to the executive staff to express their ideas and innovations. Employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health and retirement benefits, and a work atmosphere built on team camaraderie and synergy. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.