297 System Administrator (Linux)
- Deploy, administer, and remediate issues with SPY-6 Network & Red Hat Linux Computing Devices, including: Physical Servers, Workstations, Laptops, KVM/QEMU Virtual Machines all running Red Hat Linux (referred to as Red Hat Linux instances); Cisco Network Devices or Network devices with Cisco-like configuration interfaces; Storage Array Network (SAN) RAID/JBOD Devices.
- Deploy & administer Red Hat Linux instances using Red Hat Satellite as provided by Dahlgren Corporate services.
- Create, deploy & administer Red Hat Linux images.
- Develop, provide, and maintain automation utilities (in Python, Ansible, Shell Languages, and/or other modern tools) to facilitate deployment & administration of SPY-6 Network & Red Hat Linux Computing Devices.
- Support the maintenance of RMF ATO Accreditation Packages, including: developing, maintaining, and providing required system documentation and OQE.
- Develop, provide, and maintain automation utilities to facilitate collection of RMF ATO OQE to the maximum extent possible.
- Support updating SPY-6 Network & Red Hat Linux Computing Devices in accordance with RMF ATO Requirements (including updating Red Hat Linux between major and minor versions).
- Support installation of software as required by SPY-6 Teams on SPY-6 Network & Red Hat Linux Computing Devices in accordance with RMF ATO Requirements.
- Remediate hardware issues with equipment vendors as needed.
- Per DoD Directive 8570.01-M or successor, this position requires IAT Level 2
- Certification in Linux system administration.
- Must currently hold a SECRET clearance
- This is an ON BASE/SITE position
- Eligible for IT Level-II designation under DoD Directive 8570.01M or its successor.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience administering Linux systems;
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Linux systems;
- Demonstrated experience with Red Hat Satellite server;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS;
- Demonstrated Skills in three or more of the following: Administration of Red Hat Linux 7, Red Hat Linux 8, CentOS Linux, Ubuntu Linux, to include drivers, applications, vulnerabilities, security requirements and postures, quarterly STIG updates, interact with corporate and vendor SMEs to solve complex problems, RMF experience, ACAS scanning, build and maintain Linux Systems;
- Experience documenting trouble reports from STIGs to support computer equipment modifications. See other open opportunities at: https://www.sdc-world.com/Some of our Benefits:
· Vacation time: 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7 Holidays and 3 Floaters
· Health: Anthem Key Care – PPO or H.S.A (company partial payment)
· Fully Paid Family Dental
· Fully paid family vision
· Flexible spending account (FSA) for dependent care and medical expenses
· Fully paid Life, accidental death, short and long term disability; plus opportunity to purchase supplemental life
· 401k: John Hancock with up to 4% matching contribution
· Bonus opportunities
- About us: Our employees enjoy and excel working in a culture where innovation and forward thinking is the goal, the highest work ethic is expected, and excellence is rewarded. We are a small business and utilize a flat organizational model where all employees have access to the executive staff to express their ideas and innovations. Employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health and retirement benefits, and a work atmosphere built on team camaraderie and synergy. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.